Thursday 15 September 2016

A Nephew's Birthday Card!

Hello sweet crafty friends and welcome to my blog!  So pleased you dropped by.
A very special welcome to my new followers.  So very pleased you decided to follow me and I hope I can give you a little inspiration now and then.

I'd like to share a card made for my nephew's birthday.


Still using up some older Kaisercraft papers.  Still have lots, so I'll be using them for a long time to come me thinks!   Distressed the edges and did a bit of inking with Gathered Twigs and Ground Espresso Distress Inks.


I had cut a panel with one of the new Tim Holtz dies but it didn't really fit into the design of my card so I got out my crackle paste and used it as a stencil instead .. am very happy with the result. 


Used one of the pop out labels from the paper pad as a graphic on the front.


 I also added in a couple of scraps from some Prima papers and a couple of Tim Holtz tickets as well.

 

The inside with pockets for a gift voucher and a tag on which I will write a personal message.



 .. and my card is done!!

Thank you so much for dropping by and taking a look at my creations and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

For everyone in Aus who is caught up in the terrible storms we are having at the moment .. stay warm, stay dry, stay safe.

Take care and God Bless.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Marg, I hope your week is going well! I love your cards, and this one is a beauty! Layers, blokey embellishments great colors and a fabulous inside as well! Lovely card and I am sure your nephew will love it! Enjoy what's left of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy investigating your bloke's card Margy. Love the homemade stencil, which looks perfect at the top. The tickets and layering work well together and the inside looks great, as usual. Thanks for the inspiration.



    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Especially your 'impromptu' stenciling!!! That's what I love about crafting... you actually never know what will happen once you start & Happy Accidents are such FUN!!! As always, your layering is fabulous.... Keep on using up those papers! Good on you;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You slide from vintage, to feminine, to masculine, to grungy, to practical with the ease of a butterfly going between flowers it is truly a thing of beauty. I just love visiting your blog Marg. Your posts make me happy <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.