Wednesday 27 January 2016

A Tag for "More Than Words' first Mini Challenge!!

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog, so nice you dropped by.  

I'm here to share a tag I made to join in with the brand new 'Mini Challenge' at the More Than Words facebook site.  The challenge is to use the word 'Be' in your project which, in this case, needs to be a card, a tag or an ATC and then you have to share it on their facebook page.

HERE is the link

 and here is my tag.


The paper used are from 7Dots Studio.  I received them as part of a give away prize I won from Helen Tilbury at Scrap Addict.  Have always wanted some of their papers so I was so thrilled to receive these.  I know I've said it before but, Thank you Helen!  I love these papers.
I did a little stamping and added some texture paste through a stencil for a bit more interest.  Once the paste was dry I added some extra colour.

The two larger blooms are available from Megs Garden.  I really love these flowers .. they have such a lovely shape, are the perfect size for cards and small projects and it is so easy to change their colour to whatever suits your creation.  All the other elements in the cluster are from my stash.  Once everything was glued down, I added some micro beads.
 

The chippie frame is from Imaginarium. Gave it a coat of gesso and then painted it with white acrylic paint.  While it was still wet, I sprinkled on some micro beads and pressed them into the paint.
A few of them did come off but I am happy with the amount that have stayed on.  After I glued the frame to my tag, I added more micro beads  in the center. 


The quote was printed out on my computer and I simply mounted it on some cardstock, edged it with gathered twigs distress ink and, once it was glued down, added more micro beads.


I was going to punch a hole at the top to thread some ribbon through but have decided that I will turn this tag into a Birthday card so the ribbon won't be needed.

.. And there you have it!!  I am so pleased I was able to join in with the very first Challenge at this new site.  My mojo seems to have gone on holiday and I have been struggling to finish some other projects I started a little while ago.  I'm hoping that, after taking a little break and doing  other things (like this tag), I will now be able to go back and finish those off.

Thank you so much for visiting and do enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.


7 comments:

  1. Stunning Margy, love the mixed media style of this! Great background and beautifully put together. Love those little beads on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Margy. You made those papers shine. The MM background add so much to the overall look combined with the ID Chippies. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Marg, love the little beads on the roses.. love your back ground and just love the distressed edges too.. a wonderful take for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...g'arn...get back to those Christmas cards!!!!!! No time for lack of mojo! LOOOOVE this tag...the little beads scattered are such a neat touch and YUM papers....lucky you!! Love the bg work, too. of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Marg, what a gorgeous mixed media piece! Love the background, the blues mixed with all all the cool neutrals, how lovely! This will make a stunning birthday card for some lucky person! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, so great to hear from you! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous tag!! Lovely colours and fab design and details. I love the detail of all the tiny beads, a great idea and a fantastic effect. So beautiful made with as allways you eye for details. Perfect! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so gorgeous Marge~ Love all your techniques! I like your distressing! and the way you placed the seed beads is so pretty. Flows beautifully. Love your work! Hope you have a nice week-end~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.