Saturday 19 December 2015

A Christmas Day Album for Megs Garden

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog, so lovely to have you drop by.

I'm here to share a Christmas Album with you.  A lot of people are making December Dailies and Christmas Planners but this Album is specifically for the photos I will be taking on Christmas Day!  I made one last year, which (for whatever reason!!??!!) never got finished and so it was never shared but this year I was determined to get one done, and here it is!!

As this is an album, albeit a small one, there are a lot of photos.  Might I suggest you grab a comfy chair and a nice cuppa and here we go!!


The papers used are, of course, exclusively available from Megs Garden.  I have used ..




.. 'T'is Christmas Time' Mini Paper Packs. 


The flowers are also from Megs Garden.  The red one was actually a lavender colour.  I simply sprayed it with Cherry Pie Dylusions Spray. 


The labels were taken from a Kaisercraft collection.

Just for something different, I styled this album on Tim Holtz's file folder albums (minus the top and bottom flaps), so the pages are adhered to the side of the spine.  I find they sit really nice and flat that way.  Not something I would do all the time, but it was nice just for a bit of a change.


 The first two pages.


Page 1 (The inside front cover) has a belly band  ..


 .. which holds a small booklet.


I attached a plain paper journal spot in the center ..


.. which could be used for small photos as well if needed.




Page 2 has a pocket which holds a photo mat.




 I have only added paper to the front of the mat as I am not sure if I will wish to place another photo on the back or, I may use it for journaling.


Pages three and four.

Page 3 is simply a photo mat. 


I have not decorated the inside pages very much at all.  I feel that the papers themselves are the decoration but, on a couple  of them I have done a little stenciling as you can see here.  Using translucent stenciling paste still allows the patterns to shine through.


This is another design feature from TH File Folder.  I love this idea of having two small mats side by side.  One for journaling and one for smaller photos.  It just appealed to me, so I incorporated it into this album.  They are both attached to the same binding leaf so, if you turn one, the other turns as well.

Pages five and six.


This is, of course the back of page 4 so again, it is the double mat feature ..


.. as is page 6.  Can't wait to fill this album with photos to see how well this design feature actually works!!


Pages seven and eight.

Page 7 being the back of page 6!!  (Just thought I'd mention that in case you hadn't noticed!!  LOL!!)

Page 8 has another little pocket for another photo mat.


This is the page with the mat removed.  
Hope you are still with me folks!!  Not much further to go now!!

Pages nine and ten!!


Page 9 is just another photo mat.

.. as is page ten which has been stenciled (this time I added a little paint to the texture paste) and is also the inside back cover!!  Yayy!!

Ah!! Wait a minute .... there's more!! 

So, I was really happy I had finished the booklet, and then I took all the photos but .. I just felt there was something missing with the front cover.  Not that I wasn't happy with it, but there was just something ...


.. so I went back and I added some snow ..

.. and some glitter (which, unfortunately doesn't show up very well on the photos)!!

 And now, I am happy with it!!  What do you think???

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this very looong post (I really hope you were able to stay the distance  LOL!!) and I hope I have given some inspiration to obtain some of these gorgeous papers for your own Christmas projects.  Maybe get some now and start on next years Christmas crafts!!  Awesome!!  If you do, please let us know so we can take a look, would love to see what you create with Meg's wonderful goodies!!   

Megs Garden Products used

Thank you so much for visiting and, please, take a stroll around Megs Garden Blog and have a look at all the wonderful creations by my Teamies!!  They are awesome!!

Take care and God Bless.
Happy Christmas crafting!!

oxox Marg

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow Marg this album is sooo beautiful.. each page is a masterpiece and the papers really are so pretty.. love your albums, I hope you can fill it with wonderful Christmas memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally brilliant....it looked really pretty, that pic on FB....but of course seeing the whole booklet....well!! I really like those pocket pages & I didn't know they were called 'belly bands'....hahaaa! That made me giggle..... my favest bit is the stenciling that still lets the pattern show. Great idea :) I bet you have fun filling this up. Then you will have your own December Daily sorta anyways. Well, Christmas time daily???

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAD to come see this Margaret - AMAZING!!! I love how you've added the embellished wreath to the front and created all those clever pages, flaps and the booklet. Quite simply beautiful - you are one clever lady! Happy Christmas and here's wishing you a fabulous 2016. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Marg that is Bril and I love the size not so intimidating to fill. Just stunning. I think I may have to lift this idea.... thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous use of Meg's papers for this fabulous mini album. I really like all the different sized tags, the pockets and the stencilling. I'm thinking what a great stocking filler it would be for DIL's, but won't get any done for this year. Like Val - I may have to lift this lovely project. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - what an amazing album! I love your incredible eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a work of art! Well done!! Looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.