Monday 20 April 2015

A Canvas for 2Crafty Chipboard - April Project


Hello everyone and welcome my blog.  So pleased you dropped by and hope you are enjoying your day. 

I have something a little different to share with you this month.  Instead of my usual cards I have actually created a canvas this time.  I know I have done a couple of canvases before but they were very small, this one is a bit larger.  It measures 9" x 7". It's the first time I have attempted  one this size so I hope you will be kind.  LOL!!



I have created this to go on the wall in my new Craft Room (when we actually get it done) and I wanted something with a vintage look.  I actually followed a tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco for this and, although my canvas doesn't really look anything like hers I have used  pretty much the same techniques.  If you'd like to take a look at the Tutorial by Gabrielle HERE is the link to her blog post.


In this cluster I have used Foliage Set 1 and Leafy Rounds.  Added some flowers and some metal washers and beads.  All of the chippies were coated with gesso before I glued them down onto the canvas and then it was just a matter of spraying them with acrylic paints.  When everything was dry I randomly painted over different areas with gold Twinkling H2O's.


For the cluster at the bottom I used Flourish Adornment Set 5 and one piece from the Pretty Flowers.  I also added flowers, metal washers and beads to this cluster.


At the top left hand corner of the canvas I used part of the Decorative Rod Set 2.  I didn't need the whole piece so I simply cut off one end to use here.  The rest will be used on another project.  I have also added a tiny bird from the ATC Birdcage 1. 


A better look at the Foliage Set 1 ...





... and a look at some of the texture.


I inked the edges of the canvas with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
I so enjoyed creating this canvas and using these fabulous 2Crafty chippies made it so much easier to decorate.  To take a look at all the fabulous chippies 2 Crafty have to offer  HERE is the link.  There is such a wonderful choice of different designs that you are bound to find exactly the shape and size you need for your project.

2Crafty products used

 Foliage Set 1

 Pretty Flowers

 Leafy Rounds

 Flourish Adornment Set 5

 Decorative Rod Set 2


ATC Birdcage 1


Thank you so much for visiting and I urge you to go and take a look at the 2Crafty Blog for some fabulous inspiration by my Teamies.  HERE is the Link.

remember to find a 2Crafty stockist near you simply send an email to ... 
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au

Take care and God Bless.




10 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Margaret!! I love the color combination you chose as well! Thanks so much for the kind mention! xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely stunning Margie, wow, what a beauty! Magical work with those chippies and I LOVE you colour choices!! This is going to look fantastic in your craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks amazing Marg! I love your canvas, love the textures and colors.. and yes Gabrielle creates so beautifully and shares her tips so kindly with everyone, she is so inspiring.. I know this will look fabulous on your craft wall!! Enjoy the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't need to be kind. This ROCKS!!! I watched that video & I was so inspired by it as well...... & this is TOTALLY your own & it's STUNNING!!! Go you....more to come, no doubts;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is absolutely gorgeous! I saw Gabi's piece and tutorial and have not been brave enough to give it a go - so bravo to you on your most beautiful piece. Thanks for the step-by-step!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in absolute AWE Marg I think this is the fabbest thing you've ever made!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Margy. You really rocked this canvas. Love the colours, love the textures and it's going to look gorgeous on your wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just beautiful. I love it and the colours ... you were born for this stuff. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is so magical ! sensational work !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.