Friday 11 April 2014

Easel Card with Meg's Garden Damask Collection

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day.
Today I'd like to share with you an Easel Card created with Meg's Garden's stunning Damask Paper Collection.  These papers were designed by Denise Boddey and have such a lot of fabulous detail on them which are perfect to use for card making or scrapbooking just as they are, but are also simply wonderful for fussy cutting.
Here is the card closed.
 All of the paper elements used here were taken from the papers.  Some are from leftover pieces from the 12 x 12 sheets and some from the Mini Pack.  I will leave a list of Meg's Garden products at the bottom of this post.
This is how the card looks standing up.
 I hand sewed around the edge with some embroidery cotton, added some strips of my favourite Washi Tape and dabbed a little gesso on the edge.  I like to add little touches like this simply to make it more my own.  The flowers were fussy cut twice and then slightly curled and layered.  I fussy cut the labels from another sheet of the paper and mounted them on some card for extra dimension and strength.  The chipboard flourishes are from a single piece which was coloured and clear embossed and then cut into pieces to fit in with the cluster.  The frame was also coloured and then clear embossed.  Unfortunately when I did the doodling on the frame it was quite late at night and I was very tired, hence it is not very well done but, having used a Sharpie, it also could not be removed.  One lives and learns doesn't one!!  LOL
 I've used a wooden flourish to anchor the card when standing and the small labels were fussy cut from the Mini Pack and mounted on some card for dimension.
 Just a closie of the labels.  Even though these are quite small there is still a lot of detail on them.
 A view of the inside of the card ...
 ... and some closies of the front.
 The gorgeous vintage brads used for the flower centres are also available at Meg's Garden.

This card almost didn't get completed.  I had all the elements laid out ready to stick down when I saw a card made by one of my Teamies (Heather Jacob no less) and she had used almost the same elements that I had.  Shock!!!  Horror!!!  In the end though, hers is very different from mine so I am glad I went ahead with it anyway.  

List of Meg's Garden Products -
Blue Belle Jardiniere 12 x 12 Paper - P6380
Blue & Green Damask 12 x 12 Paper - P6368
Framboise Fleur 12 x 12 Paper - P6371
Damask Mini Paper Pack - S120
Small Rectangular Parisian Frame - fr005
Vintage Brads - vpb

Thank you so much for visiting.  Please take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg



5 comments:

  1. So glad you carried on with finishing this card! looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Marg. I'm loving those gorgeous flowers and papers. Thanks for visiting me and your very sweet messages. Happy crafting. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Margaret...I am just loving this gorgeous card...love the colours and how it looks feminine even with these darker colours. The flowers are gorgeous and the hand stitching adds the final touches...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous I love it. The colours, the amazing fussy cutting and the inside. Just perfect. Your attention to detail is mind boggling. I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Totally gorgeous card!! I love the monotone palette - classy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.