Friday 11 October 2013

In the Pink

Hello again everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.  Lovely to have you here.
I want to share another card with you.  This one is made with some gorgeous papers from Meg's Garden.  I love these papers, they have such a lot of pretty detail in them.  Lots of flowers and different images and the colours are so pretty too.
 No inking around the edge this time just a couple of rips and some sewing.   I added a little texture with a TCW Mini Tile stencil and some texture paste and then started doing a bit of inking.  Unfortunately  I didn't like the result and decided the extra colour wasn't needed anyway so then I had to cover it up again.  This was where a bit of watered down gesso came in very handy.  Covered up the 'whoopsie' very nicely and the little butterfly completed the camouflage.    
 I used a doily and some diecuts under the flower and added a little tag from G45.  The flower is from Prima and it was originally yellow and white which wasn't really right for this card so I sprayed the centre with Sugar Plum Glimmer Mist and also added a vintage brad.   I love how it turned out.
 The flower sprig die is the Honey Blossom Sprig from Memory Box.  The crystal sprigs are from Magnolia Ink.   



 The inside was decorated with more  dp from Meg's Garden.  You can see here what I mean about all the detail on these papers, you really don't have to add a lot to them.
 And there you have it!!  Another card finished.  I have more to show you, but they are for another day.
Thank you so much for visiting and for any lovely comments you might leave me.  Much appreciated.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg 
 

12 comments:

  1. Saw your pretty card on facebook and just had to come see the details. Very pretty! Never would have known that butterfly was "camouflage" I am your newest follower and would love for you to come follow me too. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!
    -Melin
    Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous Marg, wow!!! Papers are lovely of course, but what you did with them is what makes this card stick out from the crowd... Stunning layering, truly stunning. Love that butterfly I have to say, and that flower as vocal point works so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margy your cards are an absolute delight. So much texture and so many layers. I just love them. This one is so girly and pretty and those papers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning work Margy with stunning papers , love the softness and the beautiful details x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Love what you have done with my papers - fantastic detail
    Meg, Meg's Garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty card! I love how you've used Meg's papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, that big flower is stunning, love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just beautiful, and love all the details

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-you for visiting me and and all your kind comments. Very much appreciated. Beautiful card Marg. There is so much interest on it. I love it. Great job. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoopsie? What whoopsie? You've covered it so well! Fantastic card yet again.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a completely stunning card if ever I saw one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.