Saturday 24 November 2012

Book Card

Hello everybody!  My son had his Birthday this week so now I can show you the card I made for him.  This one is a bit different.  I found a tutorial by Sandie Edwards of  'Delightfully Crazy'  on a Vintage Book Card.
You can find it  HERE.
I really loved the card and thought I would try one myself.  It turned out to be quite an easy one to make.  Sandie's instructions are very clear and easy to follow. 
As my son is an avid gamer I based the card on one of the games he plays.
 
I finished the inside of the card first and then found I had nowhere to put the sentiment.  I had intended to make a pocket inside to put in a tag, but somehow that got lost along the way.
Anyhow I ended up putting a door? on the front which opens to reveal the sentiment. 
 The Door.

I wrote the sentiment on this tag.  The 'doors' are held closed with some magnets.

Among the images from the net I found a map and a creepy creature which I fussy cut and placed on the inside cover.  I also found the sword and shield which I placed in the corner.


For the 'book' side of the card I  printed two copies of the character and fussy cut one of the figures and glued it over the top with foam squares.  The chipboard corners are from Make it Crafty which I coloured with Versa Magic Midnight Black and then rubbed a little VersaColor Bronze on the edges.
The frame around the central image was covered with paper from Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe.


Here you can see the edge of the 'book' which I highlighted with VersaColor Bronze..  For the closure I simply cut a strip of cardstock and bent it around to slide underneath the paper on the front of the card.

 This is the full view of the inside.  Some of you may recognize the images, they are from the Kingdom of Amalur - The Reckoning.
My younger son's partner also makes cards.  Check out the one she made at KJWStudio it's awesome.
I would like to thank Sandie Edwards for her excellent tutorial.  This card was really fun to make. 
That's it from me for now.  Thank you so much for visiting.  Take care and God Bless.
xoxo Marg


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Margy, your card looks so good! You do masculine creations so well, the embellishments and papers, everything really looks so divine. I went and visited KJWstudio and looked at the cards, absolutely gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandie. I love getting your comments, they always give me a boost. oxox Marg

      Delete
  2. Hello Marg,
    I've just discovered and am now following your blog. Your work is just exquisite!! Thank-you so much for sharing.
    Karen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen. I really appreciate your support. oxox Marg

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.