Monday 12 February 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #205 - Love & Romance

Hello everyone and welcome to my crafty space!  Hope you are having a wonderful day!!

The new Challenge has started over at Crafty Cardmakers
Marlene is the host for this Challenge  and the Theme is Valentine based, so it's all about Love and Romance!
As always, anything you care to create is fine as long as it follows the Theme!

So, once again, I have created a card.
This is not really a Valentine's card though.  Hubby and I have been married for 50 years (yeah!  I know!!  I can't believe it either!  LOL!!) but we have never celebrated  Valentine's Day.  Just never felt we wanted, or needed to, so, this card will simply be used to send a little love to a rellie or maybe a close friend on their birthday. 

The background was created with some texture paste through a mini 'Art Is' stencil by the Crafters' Workshop.
Once the texture paste was dry, I sprinkled on a little LSG Magicals powder in Rizzo's Rowdy Red and then sprayed over that with water.   I love the way it splatters everywhere and I love all the different colours you get with this technique. 
Topped it with my usual cluster of gauze, diecuts and flowers.

The sentiment was printed with a label maker and then mounted on a piece of chipboard.
Once it was all assembled, I swiped the cluster with a little gesso and added some stamping along the edge!
Unfortunately, the stamping was not very clear and I must have hiccupped while doing it!  LOL!  Still, I don't mind that it's a bit messy.  It is handmade after all, so not meant to be perfect!!

Do go on over to the Crafty Cardmakers Blog and check out the fabulous creations by my Team Mates.  You will be inpsired to join in, I'm sure!!  Looking forward to seeing what you create!!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #205 - Love and Romance.

Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have yourselves a wonderful day!
Take care and God Bless.
Marg oxox

14 comments:

  1. Stunning work of art Margaret!!! Love your design and the choice of die cuts :)
    Thank you for this wonderful inspiration!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! What else can I say. Just loving this card Margaret. Have a lovely creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly stunning! I just have to have that die! WOW WOW WOW! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so stunning!! The colors are amazing!! I love the background!! The cluster of dies and flowers and stems is so gorgeous!! I love this!! It's so beautiful, Margaret!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marg~ I love to peek in and see what you are creating :) This card is beautiful!
    And though it is in 'warm' colors; it still has a winter-frosty feel. I really like your layers & texture~ <3 hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another real stunner Margaret, I just love the gorgeous colours in the background! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, quite an achievement these days! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally stunning Margie some relly is going to be very lucky! Grgeous background and beautifully finished!!
    We have been married 45 years this year and like you never really done Valentines either lol.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS Margy. Love the red and white, the MM background details and the cluster. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always a joy to visit your blog and see what delightful things you've been creating. This one is no exception. Love the bold red on white, the multi layers and the textures. Absolutely lovely work. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marg, I hope your week is off to a great start...We (hubs and I) dont really do valentines day, however any excuse for take out for tea so I dont have to cook is ok with me!!! hehe!! Your card is so lovely, the red flower looks fabulous and love the mix of gauze acd die cuts.. and love the color splatter on the back ground too.. a really pretty card.. anyways.. have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful design Margaret x Love the colours and those stunning florals over the trailing muslin x

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x


    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh Margaret, this is just stunning! I love how it fits the theme and yet it could still be used for other occasions. The splattery background is brilliant and your florals are as gorgeous as always! I love that die cut that hangs down with the circles on it, what is that?? I agree about your hiccup moment, adds to the lovely shabbiness of it all!

    It's been a pretty busy time around here as I work to get everything started for my first season working with baby squirrels! On one hand, I am so excited to be a part of something so special and important. On the other hand, I'm so worried about all the things that can go wrong. These helpless little babies who have lost their Mom, are gonna be relying on me to care for them...Yikes, no pressure! Hope all is well in your corner of the world. sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous card with stunning mixed media details and texture in the background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Margaret, it's been a while since I've visited, and I've missed your beautiful inspiration! What a stunning card! I love the rich colors and mixed media style! The drippy die cut is a must have! Your stamping looks just perfect to compliment this lovely shabby design! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.