Wednesday 31 May 2017

MM - To Bin or Not to Bin!

Hello everyone!!  Welcome to my blog with a special welcome to my new followers.
So pleased you decided to join me on my creative journey.
Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

I'm back to share another of my inky (or painty? LOL!!) cards with you.  This one was made at the same time as the clean and simple cards I posted a while back (HERE) but, as you can see, it is totally different.

Actually, after creating the background, I was going to throw this in the bin!!  Glad I didn't though because I really like how it turned out in the end.

When I was creating my MM cards, this was actually my first attempt.  I mixed the colour (Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals - Cocklebells Coral) and popped it into a bottle and sprayed it onto some watercolour paper.

Unfortunately, the sprayer didn't work correctly and so I ended up with this big blob in the middle.  Bumma!!!  So, I tried softening the edges by using a paper towel soaked in the paint and dabbing it on.
Blah!!!  Still didn't like it so, I put this aside, tried a different technique and came up with the other two cards.  Loved them .. but hated this and was going to toss it.

But then I had another look and thought .. mmm .. maybe if I add a bit of stenciling and tone that 'blob' down a bit and perhaps add a bit of gauze as well to soften the look.  
So, out came the stencil and the texture paste and ...  still not really happy but it was starting to look a bit better.

Maybe I should also add a little stamping!   Yeah .. I suppose that looks alright!  Okay, let's try the gauze ..  no, the white looks all wrong so .. colour it!  Still wasn't really happy but started looking for some flowers .. that would certainly cover up the 'blob'.

Well, it took ages to find the right one.  Small ones didn't work, medium sized ones didn't work  so I figured I'd try a large one.  Well, I had to go through a lot of my stash, but finally found this really large Prima  bloom.  It was white and, at first didn't look right either, but then I sprayed it with the same colour and, voila!, it looked fabulous!! (at least, I think it looks fabulous!!)  I really love how it didn't take the colour evenly and IRL it almost seems to glow!  Loved it!!

While I was hunting through my stash for the flower, I found some silver stamens I forgot I had so, I mixed them with some white ones, and decided to add those instead of leaves.  Had to add some prills too, mixed with micro beads of course, and a twine bow at the side ..

.. and, Voila!!!  So glad I didn't toss out that background.
You just never know what can be achieved until you try it.

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look and, I do hope you enjoyed your visit.
Happy crafting everyone!!!
Take care and God Bless.


9 comments:

  1. WOW! This is STUNNING!!!! Love the splashes of color and that gorgeous flowers as a focal point. This is a true work of art Margaret!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me Margaret, I too am sooooo happy you didn't toss it but started working on it. This is a stunner FABulous. I so love this. Creativity and artyness spats from the screen. Really, really love this. I saved it and must try this too. Thanks for sharing how it came about. Have a wonderful day, hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever and frugal crafter you are! So glad this one didn't hit the bin, because it's an absolute triumph. The bold bloom looks stunning and it just goes to prove that one should never give up! Love it Margy, thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story you tell, and the card is gorgeous.
    Hugs Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is how we create!! Sometimes it is a happy accident other times it is a cover up!!!! So glad you persevered and got this card done as the end result looks marvellous! Very pretty, love the stenciling on the back ground.. the stamens and prills all add to it too.. a lovely card Marg... well happy winter tomorrow.. we are getting a touch of it each morning this week, not quite lighting the fire yet, but certainly got a big coat on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is stunning!! I am so glad you didn't toss it!! The colors are gorgeous and I love the stenciling and the beautiful flower!! This is spectacular!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you just don't know how HAPPY I am that you didn't throw out that background! What an amazing card resulted! I love all your mixed media details and the flower is the perfect focal point! You are an amazing artist! Hugs! PS I found some prills at a nice shop down south, but they were soooo expensive,I had to pass them up...boo hooing my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you didn't toss it in the bin. I think it is beautiful... I love the colours and yes you can always cover blobs :D Beautiful card Marg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marg, I am in love with this stunningly, beautiful creation!!

    June x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.