Monday 15 May 2017

MM - Clean and Simple

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.  So pleased you dropped by.

I have been playing with my Lindy's Magicals again and, this time, created a couple of clean and simple cards.
I've actually been getting into a bit of a rut with my cards.  They were all starting to look the same to me so, I thought I would try something a little different.

No background papers on these two, just some magicals and texture paste.



As you can see, both cards are pretty much the same with only a few, slight differences.

This card measures 4" x 6" and the Magicals colour I used is Danny Zuko's Denim.

I used removable masking tape to mask off the area I wanted to colour, wet the paper and then dropped some of the powder onto it. 

You get such a great effect with the magicals and, although the texture paste ran under the stencil a little,  I love how it soaked up some of the colour.  It is possible that I didn't dry the magicals properly but, as I said, I like the effect.

 A piece of gauze under the flowers for some soft texture and then plenty of prills and some micro beads for extra effect.  I saw this combination on Tracey Sabella's blog and really loved how it looked so thought I'd try it out ..  Love it even more now!



 

My second card measures 3.75" x 7" and the colour I used here is Greased Lightnin' Green.

 The little medallion shape was made with a glue gun, some Mod Melts and a silicon mould.  I sprayed it with the same Magicals for a bit of added colour.

 I dabbed the gauze on both cards with gesso just to give it a bit more structure.

I didn't pre-mix the Magicals.  I simply wet the watercolour paper and then picked up a small amount of the powder on a paint brush and simply flicked it onto the page.  To spread the colour a bit more I sprayed again with a bit more water and this was the result.  I love how you get so many different shades just from the one colour .. awesome!

Lots of prills again.


.. and a final look at both cards together.

Unfortunately my stamping is not as  sharp as I would have liked and the texture paste bled a bit under the stencil but, all in all, I am really happy with the way these turned out.  They are certainly different from what I usually do and, I think, that's a good thing.

I apologise for the long post but I felt that these two cards needed to be shown together.  So glad that you made it to the end.

Thank you so much for popping in and taking a look .. I do hope you enjoyed the visit.

Have yourselves a wonderful day!!
Take care and God Bless.

19 comments:

  1. WOW Margaret, your creativity is truly never ending! Those cards are gorgeous!!!
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw these are two gorgeous cards Margaret. They may seem different to you and rather CAS but they still have your "look" with all the pretty details,so soft and romantic. A beautiful effect with the colours and gesso and I love the little beads. hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card Margaret, I love all your cards. Thank you for sharing how you made them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with these gorgeous beauties Margaret...sooo amazingg...as they say there are no mistakes in art n craft...only beautiful results getting into new techniques...the texture paste bleeding into magicals is just so pretty..i love the effect...thanks for sharing this awesomeness :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these so much! I had to take a closer look! Hugs Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg, I hope you had a lovely weekend! These two cards are soooo pretty, I love the flourish stencil you have used and the colors look marvellous.. and with art there is no wrong, it is all the way it is in the end!! love the prills and beads, wonderful little bits of texture!! I hope the week ahead is a good one for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Margaret these are beautiful. I loved your other cards and these are no exception, they are stunning. The finish is brilliant. The detail against the white background makes the detail really pop. Have a great week Margaret and big hugs, Angela xXx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely stunning!! The colors look amazing!! I love the texture!! Wow!! Absolutely gorgeous cards!! I love, love them!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are so, so pretty! Love the texture, the saturated color against the white, the whole look of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow!! These are brilliant Margy. I'm a huge fan of magicals and you've used them to perfection. I love the stark contrast between the vibrant colours and the white background. Your trademark prills look elegant with the banded colour and medallion is stunning. What fun to try a different technique and come up with something so outstanding. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards - Taking simple magical background and turning the cards into a masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Margaret
    This cards are so beautiful, i love them and i'm so glad you don't mind that i lift them.
    You've used a great technique with the paste and magicals, i did mine with embossing powder and some spray's.
    Today they are on my blog and i put a link to your's and tell that i get my inspiration out of your beautiful cards.
    Hugs, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Taking these artsy backgrounds and cutting them into strips really made for an elegant design. These are tremendous! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing cards, so gorgeous. Greetings Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy Schmoly, Margaret! What an amazing technique and you have created such beautiful cards using it! I love the colors and those prills mixed with the beads just take this over the top and out of the ball park for me! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Oh, dear, two more things to add to my wish list! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Margaret, you have given the clean and simple style a whole new look and meaning! These are absolutely breathtaking! I normally associate CAS with boring, because I am so addicted to embellishing, but these aren't even close to being boring, they are magnificent!! The colours you used for your mixed media strips are so gorgeous and I love the slight touch of colour in the prills and metallic microbeads as well. So I have seen this mold before and never thought of purchasing it, but now that I see you use, I am adding to my next shopping cart for sure! You are an inspiration my friend, thanks for so many wonderful ideas once again!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MY WORD! These cards are spectacular and I agree with Pamellia you give CAS a whole new meaning. These are just beautiful. I have some of those magicals too and I have never used them I love the effect and just a little strip of colour is just beautiful. Go you <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soooo love what you have done here! These are fabulous and certainly have given me some seeds for inspiration! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never apologize for giving such useful information my friend. I don’t think there is a right way or wrong way it’s whatever works and makes you happy. And this makes us all happy! I have some sad lonely Magicals sitting in my crafty space that I’m going to try out with your Ideas. I’m not sure I’d be able to keep the white space as pristine as yours. I’m thinking doing a strip with the Magicals and then adding it might help be from not having a messy background. Did you say what paper you used? I love the different sized card too. These are sure winners! Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.