Monday 22 May 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #189 - Floral Profusion

Hello everyone and welcome!!  Hope you are all having a wonderful  day!

The new Challenge has gone live at Crafty Cardmakers!!
Jackie is hosting our Challenge this time and the theme is Floral Profusion!!
We would love to see your creations covered in flowers .. LOTS of flowers!!!
As always, anything you make is fine as long as it fits the theme.
Please read the rules and take note of our 15 Challenge limit.

Well, when I saw the theme for this Challenge my eyes lit up!!  Flowers!!  I love adding flowers!!! (thought I'd tell you that just in case you didn't realise.  LOL!!)
So, of course, I made a card (what else??)  with Maja papers  .. floral Maja papers (naturally!!).


Did a bit of stenciling with translucent texture paste (you can see it better a little further down) and then glued down a  piece of scrunched up gauze for more texture. 

Lots of flowers in the cluster and I also added some gem sprays and a berry.

Added some pretty lace along the side .. another of my fave things to do.

Had to add prills, of course ..

.. mixed with silver micro beads and, if you look closely, you can just see the stenciling.


The leaves were cut with a die from Cheery Lynn.


More Maja papers on the inside ..

Voila!!

For lots of inspiration, pop on over to the Crafty Cardmakers blog and take a look at the gorgeous creations by my Teamies!!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #189 - Floral Profusion!

Thank you so much for popping in to take a look and hoping you feel inspired enough to
join in the fun!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Take care and God Bless.

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning, Margaret!! I can't quit looking at the pictures, studying every detail!! I love the lace and the gorgeous flowers!! This is truly a work of art and I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! This is one stunning card Margaret!!! Love that floral arrangement and the choice of sprays and colors. Very bold, artistic and simply fabulous!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. A luscious card with the Maja papers and loads of blooms. Love your work and this card is no exception. The colour combo is gorgeous with the deep burgundy, peach and soft green all playing nicely together. Lace, prills and texture too - it's divine. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gorgeous with all that dimension! Love how you incorporated those little prills, gauze and lace, so, so pretty. A real mixed media card with stunning colours, LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margaret

    Your creations are stunning... always. Such beautiful works of art

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg, I hope you have had a great day! A really sunny one for me, simply glorious! I got all the washing dried so quickly!! love days like this!! This card is sooo pretty, I love all the details like the gauze for softness and the little prills, and of course your flower cluster is superb! Love the burgundy flower, it really sets the others up!! Well I hope you enjoy what is left of this week.. rain is always welcome here.. I think the weather man is saying some for us later on this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always an absolutely stunning card, gorgeous. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh be still my beating heart. My fave papers again. LOVE this colour combo paired with amazing layering and embellishing. Just lovely Margy <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just divine! Just beautiful, in so many ways! Love it to bits! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Margaret this is absolutely gorgeous, love all the different elements you have used, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margaret, you make the prettiest cards, and you make it sound simple! I know better! This is just lovely, and I have to CAS this idea on my next Christmas card! Thank you for your wonderful inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.