Monday 17 April 2017

With Love - In Blue

Hello sweet visitors and welcome to my blog.
Hope you all had a wonderful and Blessed Easter!

For GOD so loved the World, that HE gave HIS only begotten SON,
that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish
but have everlasting life  .. John 3:16

I did actually manage to do a little crafting this weekend and I thought I would share one of the cards I made. 

The papers used are from Maja and the flowers are available from Megs Garden.

I cut a doily in half and used it as the base for the flower cluster.


A piece of medical gauze added for some soft texture ..


.. and some die cuts of Chloe stems to use instead of leaves.


The flower ribbon (also from Megs Garden) was cut in half lengthways (It has the little flowers on both sides) and was glued to the edge.

Made a faux flair sentiment and, of course,  ..


.. I had to add a few prills.  Can't make a card without them these days .. LOL!!

Edge punched the paper on the inside and popped some contrasting colour underneath to highlight it.




I am really pleased with myself.  I actually made two cards in little more than the time I usually take to make only one.  Reason being, I made the second one using the same design as the first .. I simply changed the colours.  So, two cards done and dusted and only half the stress!!  Brilliant!!
I follow a lovely lady named Lisa who does it all the time and, although I have occasionally done it before, I thought I would do it on a regular basis too.  It will make keeping up with birthdays and anniversaries so much easier!  Lisa posts hers at the same time as well,  but I will share mine separately.    Her site is called A Mermaids Crafts.  Go on over and take a look .. you will love it .. her makes are stunning!! 

Thought I would enter this into the following Challenges
Card Mania - # 91 April Showers bring May Flowers
Seize the Birthday - Two Patterned papers/Anything Goes

Thank you so much for dropping by to take a look at my little creations and leaving me a little love .. I very much appreciate you taking the time.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your step by step instructions you make it look very easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good idea doing a 'two-fer' as someone calls 'em....can't remember who!!! It helps build the stash and use the bits up that you already have out, I reckon. LOVE those little stamens and the flower ribbon is very VERY pretty!! Hoping your Easter was both full of joy and blessings. We had a lovely one - quiet, but that meant time to scrap, so I enjoyed it a LOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And as we finish celebrating Easter, we certainly do not stop remembering all it means to us who follow our Lord... And your card is sooo pretty, I love the softness of the gauze, imagine using medical supplies on our scrapping!!! love the flowers, the layers and the distressed edges.. and I popped over to see Lisa's blog and she does create so beautifully that I will follow her and i am sure to be inspired by her lovely creations.. well I hope this week is a wonderful week Marg, the nights are getting cooler up this way and the days are getting shorter in sunlight... it would seem that winter is going to come around soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Simply stunning work! Love the design and color choice is superb.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is stunning, Margaret!! I love the layers and the design!! The flowers look amazing!! Thank you so much for the sweet shout-out!! It is so much easier making two cards at a time :) I hope you had a wonderful Easter celebration, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maja papers in blue - a perfect combo for cards and your creativity is elegant and feminine. I love the layering, the softness achieved with the gauze and of course the little prills which add a touch of class. I like the idea of making two for one. I sometimes do three masculine cards, slightly different, but essentially the same design; as our Son's Birthdays are really close together. One big mess and they are all done! I did pop over to see Lisa's work - Wow - so pretty!. Have a good week and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and beautiful inside and out. Love the soft colors and textures!! I hope you had a lovely Easter. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very pretty distressed edge card! Your color combo is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love it! Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Margaret, this is stunning!! So many gorgeous details here and I love them all!! The gold stamens are so pretty, the flower trim is delicate and just lovely, the papers are beautiful and you matched your flower arrangement so perfectly!! Wonderful distressed layers and the doily tucked under, love it!! Such a gorgeous creation my friend!!

    It's funny, but I am the exact opposite from you and Lisa. I used to make two of every card, either the same or different in colour. But I make way too many cards as it is, I have boxes full of cards in my closet, so now I make only one. Even still... a whole closet full of cards with no homes. Oh well, I still enjoy making them. sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.