Monday 5 October 2015

Green and Grungy .. and a Little Look at My Craft Room!!

Hello again sweet crafty people .. welcome to my blog.  So pleased you've dropped by.
Can't believe it's October already, where has this year gone????

So, I'm back again with another of my 'guy' cards.  Seems that most of my male rellies and friends have their birthdays towards the end of the year and so I end up with a quite a few male cards to post all around the same time.  This card was made a little while ago and I thought it was about time I posted it.  It is a fairly simple make with a little touch of grungyness!!


I've used more of my scraps on this one and I think they are all from Kaisercraft papers.


Added my fave embellie .. yep, more tickets, plus a paper clip!!


Love those keyholes too.  Could be Tim Holtz but I'm not sure as I keep finding all these little treasures while sorting through my stash ready to move them to the new room. 


The chippy is from 2Crafty Chipboard and has simply been coloured with Black Soot Distress Ink and then coated with Glossy Accents.  The tiny piece of mini chicken wire is another little treasure found while cleaning up my stash.  I've rubbed a little of my 'Rust' Patina on them both for a bit of a  rusty look.


The chipboard button is another found treasure.  I actually cut it in half so I still have another piece to use elsewhere.


Added some yummy clear crackle in a couple of spots.  When it was dry I poured a little watered down 'Faded Jeans' Distress Ink over it so the cracks would stand out a bit more.  Really love how it looks.  Also splashed around a bit of gesso as you can see.


The inside .. just waiting for a verse and greeting!!

So, I've been talking a little about my new craft room and have been asked by a couple of people to show some piccies, so here they are!!  Just keep in mind that this is a work in progress!!


The work table and the cube shelves are from my old space. 


Everything in the shelf unit will eventually be moved into cupboards and drawers on the other side of the room and I think I may use the shelves as a display unit. I still have a lot of stuff to go through in my old space so there will be quite a bit more to find room for in here.


As you can see, I have a very bare wall on the other side ..


.. which is where the cupboards and drawers are going to be built to the height of my worktable.
My son is building them for me so they may take a bit of time to complete.  He is not actually a carpenter but he has had quite a bit of experience in making furniture for himself and did it beautifully too.  It's not going to be fancy but it is going to be fabulous!!  Once the cupboards are done, I will get some shelves put in above them for more display space.  I collect Pop Vinyls so that would be the perfect place to display them.  Can't wait for it all to be finished!!  Then I can move my little box of clear stamps off the floor as well .. LOL!!

That's all from me lovely people.

Thank you so much for visiting and do enjoy the rest of your day.  To all my Aussie visitors, I hope you've been managing to stay reasonably cool in the middle of this heat wave!!  It hasn't been very  comfortable for me even though we have air con.  Hate hot weather, but I guess I'd better get used to it as we are heading into summer here.

Bye for now.
Take care and God Bless.

12 comments:

  1. Margaret, a most wonderful masculine card - it is wonderful! And, wow, your craftroom is lovely and will be a slice of perfect when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous card! And I am rather in love with the dragon too, lol.
    So jealous of your lovely big craft space. I bet it'll be perfect when you're done arranging everything. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mail cards are always fabulous Margie and this one is no exception! Love all the layers and elements you added and the crackle looks super!! Thanks for giving us a little glimpse into your new craft space too, I am sure it will be wonderful when you are all settled in, - good luck with it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo good to see the crackles back! And that little chicken wire looks great.....I really like the pen outline around the edges too.....lovely card. And it's ALWAYS fun peeking into scrappy rooms....can't wait for you for it to be finished. What do they say? All good things come to those who wait, LOL!!! Looking forward to the finished photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the heat has just hit this last couple of days, I hope it is not a sign of a long hot summer... Your male cards always look great! And your scrap space is looking good! I am sure you can't wait for it to be completed! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great blokes card Margy. Like you, I have many male cards to make at this end of the year and always seem to use scraps of Kaiser. Lucky girl to be moving to a new scrap room! All that space to store things looks wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. Love the finding of treasures story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card. Love the grunginess!! And your craft room is looking great! I'm sure those cabinets will be perfect when they're added.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card, but then they always are. Love the look of your room too. You won't know yourself when you get all those new cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your card is oozing with rustic beauty... love the way you create masculine cards .. just perfect . and your room is going to be fantastic .... big hugz Margy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post Marg! A great read!! So sorry it's taken me a week to pop in. Last week was a write off with my foot condition. Love your card. Can see you had a blast playing with different mediums for it & it looks fabulous. Your room is a great work in progress & I can't wait to see it all finished off. It looks nice & big too!! What are pop vinyls? Do you mean old records?? We are also heading into Summer here. Been 28 degrees for the last few days. My aircon is on right now & it is 10.30 pm. Hate the humidity but the evenings are kind of balmy & nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing nicer than getting settled in a new space. I love the fact that it is a work in progress... I am outgrowing mine and I think it is time to weed out but I love this stuff :D I can't let go... it is the only place that I am a hoarder. :P
    Another stunning card and I love the crackly bits.... :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.