Tuesday 6 January 2015

Moody Blues - Just Because!

Hello to all my lovely friends and followers, I hope you are having a wonderful day.
I want to thank each and every one of you for coming here and giving me your support and encouragement.  I really, really appreciate it.

I made a card that I would like to share with you.  This is not made for anyone specific but simply because I was in the mood to create and this is what I came up with.  I have been busy making mini albums and DT projects but haven't really made anything just because.  I haven't been in that place for a little while, you know, that crafty, gotta make something place.  My mojo went on a holiday I think.  Hopefully it is on its way back.  Will have to wait and see.
So, I grabbed some Megs Garden papers and a 2Crafty chippie and this is what I made.


I sprayed the papers with some watered down blue acrylic paint and then dabbed it with some paper towel.  Most of the colour is under the cluster but you can still see some of it here and there.  I also added some stamping with a Kaisercraft stamp and some texture with a stencil and Multi Purpose Filler which is my go to texture paste.


Whilst cleaning up the mess in my craft room, I found this little spray of beads and Magnolia Ink buds which I had made months ago and never used.  I just added the small aqua flowers and placed them on top of some large petals and a small piece of gauze.


Added some strands of burlap and some twine bows along with a few clusters of small beads which came in the 'Green Bundle' that is available from Megs Garden.


The chippie is from the Word Circles set from 2Crafty Chipboard.  They are the ideal size for placing on cards and you get 6 different greetings in the pack.  I love them.  I coloured this one with Wild Honey Distress Ink but, as it was a little darker than I wanted, I then brushed it with some watered down gesso to lighten it a bit.


Before glueing down my cluster, I added some extra colour with Gathered Twigs and Tea Dye DI by, again, just dabbing it on with a paper towel..


Decorated the inside with some scraps of paper from my stash ..


... and voila!!!  My work here is done!!  I was actually quite pleased with how easy this card went together.  Picked up all the right ingredients and just went with the flow!!  Wish that would happen every time!!  LOL!!

Thank you so much for visiting.  Why not take a look at all the fabulous creations  at the Megs Garden Blog HERE, and the 2Crafty Chipboard Blog HERE.  You will find some awesome inspiration there!

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day!!
God Bless.


12 comments:

  1. LOVE this card Margie, - to me it looks as if mojo is well and truly where it should be!! Great colours and wonderful embellishing!!

    I am currently on my way back (staying for a couple of nights in Dubai). Have been thinking of both you and Heather these last few days with all the fires going on, I pray both of you are safe!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if you will see this Astrid but, luckily for us, Heather and I are both quite safe from the fires. We are nowhere near the danger zone. I pray for those people who are though and hope they can get the fires under control soon!! Thank you so much for your concern and also for the lovely comment!! Travel safe!! ox

      Delete
  2. A lovely card Margaret. The soft ink looks great peaking out from the cluster and the MM adds wonderful dimension. Especially love the bead work. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the colours & that hessian really gives such a lovely finish. It's sooo nice to just scrap, I reckon....& the inside! SOOOO pretty:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Marg, so nice to get some scrapping time and create something so beautiful as this card.. blue is my favourite color and so I really love this.. the cluster is magnificent!! Love the string bow too.. have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful creation...love it when you create without your 'mojo' present!!! The flower cluster is absolutely adorable and I am of course loving all the natural elements present...Big Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card. Love the soft colours and those ropey/string things look fabulous. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I already commented here but wow that cluster with the ropey string & beads is just oh so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI MY DEAR LOVELY FRIEND ,THIS IS A STUNNING CARD .SO MUCH WORK IT IS AWESOME .JUST LIKE YOU MARG XOXO PS I did post .but it got lost in space lol this is my second try

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.