Wednesday 10 September 2014

My 2 Crafty September Reveal #2 - A Canvas

Hello everyone and welcome to my Blog!  Hope you are having a wonderful day!!
I'm here to share the second of my 2Crafty September projects!!
This one is a small canvas.  It measures 5" x 7".

2Crafty products used
Heidi's Vines
Leafy Shrub Set 1
Barbed Wire Border

I took a leaf out of Di Garling's book here in that I coloured these chippies black.  I love the dramatic effect of the black against the pale background and it really does make them stand out beautifully.  Thank you for the inspiration Di!


Spread some coarse texture paste through Tim Holtz' Lattice stencil and coloured the background with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.  Did a bit of stamping with Black Soot Distress Ink and  accented the paste with gold acrylic paint.  The photo doesn't show it very well but the gold really does shimmer nicely in real life.
I had some left over pieces of the Heidi Vine from a previous post HERE and decided to use them in the flower cluster.   I added a little texture paste to the 'bulbs' and coloured them with Distress Ink and then used gold acrylic paint for the accent.  The leaves were sprayed with water and then I gently separated some of the layers.  Shaped and curled the layers while they were still wet and coloured them with Black Soot Distress Ink.  Once they were dry I used the gold acrylic paint to colour the ends of the leaves.


The leaves on the Leafy Shrub Set were shaped and coloured in the same way as the Heidi Vine leaves.  I really love how they turned out.  This is a fairly delicate piece but it was still robust enough that it took the shaping very well.  I really love these chippies they are so easy to work with and they look stunning!!


The Barbed Wire Border comes in a pack of two and they are about 12" long.  I had intended to put a quote in the corner but decided instead to use a small piece of the Barbed Wire Border as an accent.   This was also coloured with Distress Ink and gold acrylic paint.


Here is another closie of the flower cluster and those gorgeous Heidi Vine leaves.  Love how they look when they're separated and curled!


This is only my second attempt at a canvas.  Not sure that I've actually nailed it yet but I think I have improved slightly over my first one.

This was the second of my 2Crafty projects for September, I will be sharing the last one in a few days time.  In the meantime why not pop over to the 2Crafty Blog to see what my Team Mates have created with these wonderful  chippies!!  HERE is the link!  To find a 2Crafty stockist near you ... drop an email to salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au

Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!!
Take care and God Bless.


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas Margaret! The leaves are beyond gorgeous! Looking forward to see more canvas creations ;) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret, I just found your blog and I love your work, I have recently gotten into Mixed Media, and your version has it's own twist and I really like how it turns out. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I looove the colour palette & the way you've used the that barb wire chippy.....I rather like painting stuff like that or wood either black...or white!!!! LOOOVE that gold paint, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love love!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing Marg, the chippies look stunning, and the flowers are divine!! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Margy ... this is spectacular !!!!!! stunning texture and design xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Margaret!!! I love that dramatic bouquet and the stencilling. Please do more canvases. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning Marg!! Brilliant job!! You are going from strength to strength!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant Marg!! The background on this one is incredible, LOVE it, the flower cluster looks fantastic too, a truly stunning piece and great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! Everything you create is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so pretty. I love what you did with the chipboard and the leaves look great. I must remember that. I love the little bits of gold. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.