Monday 15 September 2014

Clean & Simple????

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.  I do hope you are having a wonderful day!!
Just a quick share today.   I created a card for my nephew's birthday and, as not everyone likes the 'grungy and messy' look, I made this one fairly clean and simple.  (Sort of...)


The papers are from Kaisercraft's Garage Days.  Cut them to the size I needed and then I did a little stamping with KC's Arty stamp and also just distressed them a little.  I also splashed a little paint around and then had to do a little tearing and a bit of doodling too.  Just could not leave it totally clean ... didn't look right at all.  


Used a die cut and then created a little tag for the sentiment.  Tied it up with some twine and added a couple of cogs.


The bicycle is from Imaginarium and I coloured it with Black Soot Distress Ink and then clear embossed it.
This is the inside ...


... and here it is standing up.


It did start out clean and simple, honest it did, but I just couldn't leave it alone.  It didn't look right and, although I didn't do a lot to it, I simply had to mess it up a bit.  Just 'cos.

Quick share as I said.
Thank you so much for visiting and enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.

6 comments:

  1. HI Marg, this card looks wonderful.. The bike looks fabulous.. so shiny and really stands out.. great papers for a male card too.. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done! Clean and Simple Margie style, I love it!!! I am sure he will too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I KNOW what you mean with 'leaving it alone'...but honestly, I think it's perfect like this - so just as well you played a little more!! That bicycle is a real centrepiece & looks totally fab:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... another stunning card and I love the CAS approach I think you rocked it. Love that bike and the tag with the cogs is the coolest idea ever. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is as clean and simple as I could ever get too! I love the grungy touches and the cogs on the string!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card and I love your style so don't worry about adding grungy touches. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.