Thursday 26 June 2014

My Solution?? for CSI Case File #128

Hello my lovely visitors and welcome to my blog.
Meg's Garden is one of the sponsors over at CSI for the month of June and a few of our DT girls are Guest Detectives.  As I don't Scrapbook, I could not take part, but I decided to use the Case File to create a project of my own. 
This is the current Case File ...
... to see the full details, find it HERE.

For this case I decided to create a double Art Journal page.
 I first laid down some scraps of  Meg's Garden 'Correspondence' papers and sprayed directly onto the page with 'Sugar Plum Fairy' Glimmer Mist.  
I will leave a list of Meg's Garden Products at the end of this post.
I then scrunched up a paper towel, sprayed it with 'Afraid of the Dark' Glimmer Mist and pounced it around the page.  I also used this technique with more of the 'Sugar Plum Fairy'.  I absolutely love the textured look you end up with from using this method to apply the colour.  It's so soft and pretty.  You get a better idea of what I mean in this photo.
 My bit of green is on this gorgeous image which is from the 'Vintage Ladies Microscope Art Sheet''.  I also brushed some 'Sugar Plum Fairy' around the edges of the paper strips and added some splats for a bit more definition although most of that got covered over.  Used some Kaisercraft Background and Border Stamps with Memento Tuxedo Black and also used the same ink to create some more splats around the page.  Added a little texture with TCW's Mini Tile Stencil and some home made texture paste.
 My bit of pale blue is on the 'Vintage Trinkets' which were firstly swiped with gesso and then brushed with some Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in 'Whale Watch Blue'.  
 I love that heart stamp.  It was a freeby that came with a crafting magazine.  The clock and the clock hands were cut from the 'Old World  Time' Transparency Sheet.
 The background on this page was created exactly the same way.  Same papers, same colours, same stamps.  Here though I've added a butterfly cut from the 'More Butterflies' Transparency Sheet, and the Oval Trinket was brushed with a mix of gesso and Viva Precious Metal Colour in 'Olive'.
Here is a closie of the butterfly and you can see more detail of the background too.
 Another clock hand also cut from the 'Old World Time' Transparency sheets.  Meg does stock metal clock hands in the shop too but, unfortunately, I didn't have any on hand.   
 With these Case Files you have to use all the 'Colours', at least two items from the 'Evidence' and at least one item from the 'Testimony'.
 Well, I have used all the 'Colours' although perhaps not in the right shades but I totally got caught up in the moment when creating these pages that I completely forgot about the Evidence and the Testimony.    It is pure luck that I actually have metal and a flower on my pages which does cover the 'Evidence' but this was certainly not planned.  There is definitely no 'Testimony'. 
Just as well I wasn't in on the GD spot isn't it??  Totally went off the rails, but I so enjoyed creating this and I am so happy with the result.  Hope you like it too.

Products from Meg's Garden:
Correspondence Mini Paper Pack
Vintage Ladies Microscope Art Sheet
Vintage Brad - Blue
Vintage Trinkets - Filigree Flower,  Filigree Oval, Filigree Strip
Transparencies - Old World Time, More Butterflies

Why not go and take a look at all the yummy goodies Meg stocks in her shop.  You can find it HERE.
To take a look at the Meg's Garden Blog and the awesome creations from the other members of the Team please click HERE.

Thank you so much for visiting.  I do hope you enjoy the rest of your day,
Take care and God Bless
oxox Marg




12 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is beyond marvelous Marg! What truly lovely work you do :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..... Ur creativity took over ...& that's the right way to go I reckon....sugar plum is a great colour & I do the same thing ---- gives a great textured effect.... GORGEOUS work:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marg, these pages are completely STUNNING!!!! You are turning into such a brilliant art journaler! I think this must be my favourite spread of yours ever, such cool techniques and effects, really, really brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful Marg, I really love the vintage image and your metal embellies look amazing.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your take on this case file. I think that you totally rocked it. I love the colours usage and the theme. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfection here Margy ... such a beautiful creation you have done here .... loveeeeeeeeeeeeee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Marg I just love these pages. I've yet to take the plunge and make my first art journal page so perhaps you'll inspire and push me in the right direction. I love the color combinations you've used here! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness Margaret, the closer you look the more you see! I adore each and every part of this from the layers of texture to the stencilling and stamping all combined with the perfect choice of embellishments. Vintage yet modern in design it's a gem. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pages are so gorgeously, beautifully creative and really make me want to get cracking on my first art journak page....! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow....these pages are fabulous! I soooooooo love them and you did them perfectly! You have a gorgeous style and I am in awe of how you created these beauties! Stunning, stunning, stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is beautiful, Marg! Love the vintage feel to it & the image you've used is beautiful & so perfect for this page :) Love the little metal pieces you've used too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.