Monday 6 May 2013

A Quick Male Card

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.
Just a quick share with you today of a card I put together for a friend who lives interstate  (Don't tell him but I almost forgot his Birthday).  I needed this in a bit of a hurry but I think it came together fairly well.   
I can't remember which paper I used for the base, ( I should get a little notebook and write these things down as I'm using them)  but the rest of the papers are from Prima's Craftsman Collection ...
 ... distressed all the edges of course and swiped with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I also did a little bit of doodling (although I should have done a bit more I think). 
 The wooden globe is from Kaisercraft.  I basically left it bare except for the same Distress Ink around the edges.
 The clock was a print out on my computer which I fussy cut and stuck onto a chipboard button and the cog was cut out of black cardstock with my Silhouette Portrait and then swiped with a little Bronze and Silver Versa Color.
 I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink here with a mini Basketweave Template from
The Crafter's Workshop just to add a little bit of extra interest.
 
Here is just a close-up of the layered strips.    It wasn't until I was ready to post it off that I realised I hadn't placed a greeting on the front but decide that it really wasn't necessary because it's on the inside anyway.
As I said, just a quick, short post but, hopefully you enjoyed it.

Thank you so much for visiting and a Big Thank You to all the lovely people who have left me comments.  I really love to hear from you and I do appreciate you taking the time. 
Take care, enjoy the rest of your day and God Bless.
oxox Marg

5 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this, - men cards are so tricky, but this is brilliant! Love how you treated the papers and embellished with the globe, and I really like the clever idea of the clock! It looks like one of these Prima clocks now,very, very clever to get it just to the right size for the button. Love what you did with the stencil too. Altogether a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Men cards are tricky, you have created a great one indeed, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marg, What a fantastic card. I love all the layering and the grungy papers. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning masculine card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do masculine so well Marg, and I love the way the cog is poking out beneath the paper, so cool! The paper clip also is such a wonderful addition too. Love it....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.