Wednesday 13 February 2013

'Vintage' Card

Hello everyone.  So nice of you to visit.

Those of you who have been here before would realise that I don't do scrapbooking as such.  I mostly make cards and mini albums and have done a few off the page projects, but I do love to visit scrapbooking blogs as you can tell  by the list at the side of my blog.  These blogs that I visit are a great inspiration for the cards that I make and I am very grateful to all of these ladies for showing their creations online  for the rest of us to drool over.  ( Well, I drool, anyway.  LOL)
The inspiration for this card came from a varied number of other blogs.  Thank you, Ladies.
The papers I used are from a Glitz Paper Pack.  It's their French Kiss Collection.  The tag is from Prima's 'Nature Garden' Collection.  I cut it in half and simply placed one piece on top of the other so that it would fit on the card. The edges are slightly crumpled and then coloured with 'Walnut Stain' Distress Ink.
The larger red flower and the small gold one are Kaisercraft.  The white one is from my stash.  The little rose buds I just edged with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to give them a bit more dimension.  I love these little buds they are so cute and help to fill a flower cluster very nicely.
Here is a closer view.
The small gem spray I put together myself.
  The chipboard pieces are the 'Flower Leaf Swirls' from Make it Crafty. I coloured them with 'Shabby Shutters' Distress Ink and then covered them in Ranger's 'Clear Rock Candy' Distress Crackle paint.  Once they were dry, I rubbed them all over with Versa Color 'Evergreen' and then wiped them clean with some paper towels.  As you can see below, the crackle really stands out.
The 'Ornate Corner' is also from Make it Crafty.  It was  coloured the same way as the Leafy Swirls.  The little red velvet flower is from my stash and the cream rose is Kaisercraft.



This gorgeous Bird House stamp  is from a set which came free with one of the Craft Magazines I purchased a while ago, and the metal rose is a charm from my stash.  I coloured the curls on the paper with Versa Color Bronze  although it looks pink on the photo.
Perhaps someone could help me here.  I am looking for a product which will enable me to edge some of my pieces in gold.   I wanted to do this on the leaf swirls but couldn't find anything which stood out.  I'm looking for a stamp pad or something similar which will put a vintage gold edge on things but I don't want glitter.
If anyone knows such a product please leave me a comment.  I would really, really appreciate it.
This butterfly is actually part of the tag.  I fussy cut one from another tag, edged it with Stickles and then glued it on top.

Thank you so much for visiting.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

8 comments:

  1. I drool too, lucky there is a PC screen between your beautiful card and 'me'. :-)
    Try the Adirondack Gold, Acrylic Paint dauber Marg, I have a project coming up on the 20th of this month where I have used it, on a crackled piece of chipboard. I also use it a lot on the edges of my paper. It is the type of gold colour that stands out well too and looks stunning on the edges of mini-albums.
    I'm sure there are plenty of other products too, but I love this one.
    Your flower cluster is stunning, I love those jewelled embellishments behind flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sandie for your lovely comment and the tip about the paint dauber. I shall try that for my gold edging. I really appreciate your help. God Bless. ox Marg

      Delete
  2. What beautiful creation you made Margyz, anyone would be delighted and honored to receive such a lovely keepsake!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Promise, you'll be very happy with the gold Marg ...xx Happy Valentines Day to you....xxx P.S Will reply to email soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Absolutely stunning card!! Love how you used the card and the crackle is amazing!! Another gold product you could try is Viva Inka Gold: http://viva-decor.us/inka-gold or Rub n' Buff if either of these is available to you locally. Both are more of a rub on product and look like shimmery gold, not glitter. Thanks for the inspiration! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracey for your lovely comment and for the tip on the gold accent. I now have a few options I can try. I really appreciate your help. God Bless. ox Marg

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much Marg for your comments on my blog. I'm so impressed with your work that I will become a follower. Luv Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan and welcome. I really appreciate you joining my followers. ox Marg

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.