Monday 17 September 2012

Trinket Boxes

Hello everyone!  Thought I'd show you some little trinket boxes I altered for the girls in our family.  I made three altogether and they are pretty much the same, just different colours.  The papers are out of my stash, I've had them for quite a while and don't remember where most of them came from.
For the top of each box I die cut some swirls and leaves, then added a mix of  flowers. Some are Kaisercraft, some are Prima and others are from my stash.


This first one was for my granddaughter so it had to be pink of course. I added a few gems to the swirls and also added a little heart charm.


 I glued some lace around the bottom and added more flowers and a Doohickey butterfly.

I also lined the inside of the boxes which finished them off quite nicely.




  This one was for my Daughter-in-law. Decorated pretty much the same except I added a gem sprig which is a bit hard to see on this photo.

I used Craft Smart craft glue to glue all the papers down. It's not the strongest glue around but works very well for this purpose.


  
  Last but not least is the one for my second Daughter-in-law. She loves steam punk so I used some Graphic 45 paper for the top and, although the box is certainly not steam punk, the paper lends itself quite nicely to the more girly look. I added some gem sprigs to this one as well.




As I said, they are all decorated very much the same just with different colours.  Luckily they were all well received.

Just a quick thank you to Diana's Creations for the images I have used as dividers and footer and also to Sweetly Scrapped for the welcome sign at the top.

That's all for now.  Thank you so much for visiting. Take care and God Bless.
xx Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.